Sunday, March 2, 2008

Volleyball 2008 headed straight for us

My husband and I are members of our local homeschool volleyball team's board of directors -- he as a coach and me as the scheduling secretary. This is something we're both really looking forward to.

Today I sat down with my list of contacts and sent out an email introducing myself and announcing that our organization is ready to start scheduling games for September and October. I set up a new email box so that volleyball email wouldn't come to my personal address, which is where I already receive email from two homeschool groups, our parish's lectors, messages from friends and an uncanny amount of promotional notices from Bath & Body Works, who appear to think I give off an offensive odor, judging from the amount of mail I get from them. I try not to let that bother me.

So anyway, I sent out my email to all the volleyball teams in our league at about 3:00 and have checked my new mailbox every half hour since then, but there's been no word from anyone. I am currently scowling at my monitor with my lower lip pushed out. These people apparently do not realize how excited I am.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

I can so see you checking that email wondering why everyone is not right on it as excited as you are right...this...very...instant! LOL.